Bulletin Board Policy
Proposed: June 8, 2017
Accepted: June 8, 2017
The New Carlisle Public Library provides a community bulletin board to display information pertinent to the New Carlisle community. The Board of Trustees of the New Carlisle Public Library adopts the following policy for bulletin board displays:
- This policy applies to the bulletin boards in the entryway of the New Carlisle Public Library. Interior displays in the library are exclusively for library programs.
- All postings must be submitted to the Circulation Desk for review by the Director. Items not accepted for posting will not be returned. Items posted without review will be removed.
- Priority placement will be given to community organizations and clubs, educational institutions, volunteer opportunities, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. For-profit organizations may submit postings for approval, but notices must be consistent with the library’s mission statement of meeting residents’ educational, cultural, and recreational needs.
- Notices that are not date-sensitive will be left for up to 6 weeks, space permitting. Postings will be marked with the date they are displayed.
- Preference will be given to postings 11” x 8.5” or smaller, to allow space for as many postings as possible.
- By providing a community bulletin board, the New Carlisle Public Library does not imply endorsement of events or services posted.